Quicklysign's Guide To Electronic Signatures
What Is An Electronic Signature?
According to the Electronic communications and transactions Act passed in 2002, an electronic signature is "data attached to, incorporated in, or logically associated with other data and which is intended by the user to serve as a signature."
In layman's terms an electronic signature (often referred to as an e-signature) is a person's electronic expression of his or her agreement to the terms of a particular document.
What Are Electronic Signatures Used For?
Electronic signatures are used on every sort of document you can imagine. For instance, many Quicklysign users use electronic signatures to:
- Sign NDAs, time sheets, and employee contracts and agreements
- Sign sales contracts, invoices, and approve proposals
- Fill out and sign leases and other rental and housing agreements
- Sign tax documents, Debit orders and insurance paperwork
- Fill out and sign permission slips, school forms, and releases
How Do Quicklysign's Electronic Signatures Work?
There are 5 ways to create an electronic signature using Quicklysign.
- Draw your signature using your computer mouse or touchpad
- Upload an image of your signature
- Take a photo of your signature using your smartphone or camera and upload it to Quicklysign
- Type your name in a stylised font
- Sign using your finger when signing on your mobile touchscreen device
Once created, an electronic signature can be added to any document along with other annotations such as check marks or freeform text.
Are Electronic Signatures Legal?
Yes, electronic signatures are valid and legal in South Africa, the United States, Canada, the European Union, the UK, and many other areas of the world. View more about the legality of electronic signatures here.
What Are The Benefits Of Electronic Signatures?
There are many benefits to using an electronic signature. With Quicklysign's electronic signature you can:
- Get documents signed fast
- Sign documents from anywhere
- Documents are secure and legally binding
- And many more